Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 26 November 2017

Time Flies by Brenda



Hello again, I am back with some more of my Steampunk shares from last months Hochanda shows.

The starting point for the card at the top was an embossed background with lots of gilding waxes added. The Scarab Beetle (and as we have horses there are a good few of these, also known as Dung Beetles, if one cares to search !!)from the Steampunkery set has been stamped several times using Vesamark Toffee, lightly coloured, gilding waxes added then placed over the base piece. Several of the sentiments from the new Punky Words have seen stamped and cut out to intersperse between the Beetles.


Like so many of us crafters I reach for my Oxide inks time and again, it's hard to remember life before them although they are relatively new, on this one I used Spiced Marmalade, Fossilised Amber and Twisted Citron. Using Versafine Toffee and masking off parts of the images I stamped clocks from Steampunkery and Steampunk Travel around the edges of the piece and using the same ink the three large images from the same stamp sets. The sentiment is from Birthday Words and a piece of ribbon and buckle tied across the top.


The background of this piece has been painted with Actylic paints and the DI Tea Dye and a stencil used to add some circles. Various elements from Key to my Dreams and Punky Words have been stamped with Versafine Blue on both the background and focal panel and some seam binding and a tassel to embellish.

As always my thanks for your visit today.


9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, all three of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous makes Brenda!! Love all them! I have never seen steampunk creations so feminine and sweet as the last two! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Brenda, I love the backgrounds and wonderful steampunk images.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three fabulous cards Brenda and the steampunk theme always makes for an interesting card, especially, but not exclusively, for masculine cards. I love all the backgrounds and the designs are beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Steampunk images and your designs are brilliant, the background colours and stamping is fabulous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these Brenda! Especially the first one -I'm glad the beetles are clean lol! And I love that embossed background xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!