Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 14 November 2017

Time flies (posted by Claire)

Good morning, Claire here with a couple of projects made for Lesley's shows on Hochanda last month. I'm a bit late with my post due to pesky windows updates so sorry for the delay!  I love Steampunk and there are so many fabulous designs to choose from.


For this card I used an embossing folder to create the background and highlighted the embossing with gold, copper and silver gilding wax. I stamped the image, from Steampunkery on black card with versamark ink and embossed with gold embossing powder. I painted the image with metallic acrylic paints and cut the image out before popping it on 3d foam pads to give a bit of dimension. I also stamped and embossed the sentiment from the same set with gold embossing powder.


I recycled this bag charm using a bit of shrink plastic. I'd made the charm a few years ago but it was looking a bit dull and sad. I loved the beads and charms to I decided to give it a new lease of life by making some charms from shrink plastic. I took some translucent shrink plastic and stamped the images, again from steampunkery with metallic Stazon ink. I punched holes using my Crop-o-dile (largest hole) and then cut the charms out. I applied heat with my heat gun and flattened the charms with an acrylic block while they were still hot. I just used a few jump rings to add them to the bag charm.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

7 comments:

  1. Oh I like your bag charm and card. It's good to see with a bit of creativity and some great stamps we can give a new life to something that has lost its shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW two amazing projects Claire, I love your cogs card and the richness of your colours, brilliant design.
    The bag charm is so beautiful, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! I love the bag charm.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pieces of work Claire, and what a great idea to make some shrink plastic charms to add to the original piece, and the 3D embossing looks great and such lovely metallic colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! These are quite stunning :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!