Pin It button on image hover

Friday 24 November 2017

Steampunk Travel (by Julie)

Hello, hope you are well. Today I have a couple of Steampunk inspired cards for you which I have created using the rather fabulous Steampunk Travel


For my first card you will need a Kraft card blank. I decided to have a go at a very simple wood grain effect for the background. I started by drawing vertical lines with a ruler and dark brown pencil at approximately 2 cm intervals and then filled in the gaps with white chalk. I set the chalk with a pastel fixative spray and once dry I went around the edge of the card with Walnut Distress ink.
On separate card I stamped out the traveller's hat and sentiment, coloured with pencils and then cut out and attached to the front of the card.


My second card is super simple. I just stamped the winged boot around the card blank before colouring with Polychromus pencils. I went over the background with Distress inks and then spritzed with water, before dabbing off the excess with a kitchen towel and then stamped the sentiment which comes from the rather wonderful Punky Expressions.

Thank you for stopping by and please call back soon for more daily, Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

7 comments:

  1. Great technique for the wood effect and a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great technique for the wood effect and a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the woodgrain background with the punky hat Julie, and the flying boots with that fun sentiment and that pretty coloured background is great. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, love the background and fabulous designs.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second one made me smile!Great samples.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Julie, brilliant design and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!