Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 9 November 2017

Steam Punk Eccentricities (by Julie)


Hi there, I hope you managed to catch one of Lesley's recent Steam Punk shows on Hochanda. If you did you may have seen these cards on the show. 
I have to confess to loving all things Steam Punk. I love the surreal feel Steam Punk gives as well as the stamps being very useful to make male cards, which lets face it we all tend to struggle with.


My first card is created with the Eccentric Edwardian. I love these stamps and would buy the set just for the very useful script stamps.
The background to my card is coloured with Antique Linen, Old Paper and Walnut Stain Distress inks and then over-stamped with the male images using Sepia Versafine. The large script design to the top left of the card was stamped and then embossed with a copper embossing powder and I inked up the smaller script stamp with Sepia Versafine to fill the gaps. The cyclist was stamped onto separate card and coloured with Distress inks as before. I cut around the wheel slightly and then placed my metal, circular die underneath the wheel to cut out the rest of the design before mounting onto the centre of the card with foam pads. The sentiment is from Punky Expressions.


My second project is a gift box and frame card. I have cut both the box and frame on my electric cutting machine, however templates for similar boxes and frames can be found in an internet search.
The gift box is coloured with Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink and then over-stamped with the Air Ship and Boat from Steampunkery. I darkened the edges with Hickory Smoke Distress ink and dry brushed white Gesso over the top to create the clouds. Once the image was dry I glued the box into place.
For the frame I coloured the background with Squeezed Lemonade Distress ink and then overs-stamped with images from Steampunk Travel. I then sponged on Hickory Smoke Distress ink and then dabbed the excess off with a wet wipe.
The central panel of the frame is coloured with Brusho inks and once dry I sponged on Hickory Smoke Distress ink. 
The winged clock is from Steampunkery as before. Here I pressed the stamp into white clay and cut out using a craft knife. I then baked it according to the instructions before colouring with alcohol inks and gold gilding wax. 
Once everything was dry I glued the frame into place and added wire and beads to the back of the clock before gluing into place with 3d glue gel.

Many thanks for looking and please call back soon to see daily inspiration from the Design Team.

Julie xx

7 comments:

  1. Great steampunk feel for these vintage cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great projects, good to have instructions to follow too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three beautiful creations Julie. I love the wonderful vintage look of the card using the great Edwardian images, and then the canvas with the white washy look, so soft and pretty, and finally that gorgeous frame with the great baked clay embellishment in such super colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous makes Julie, brilliant images and designs,love anything steampunk, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I love the background and fabulous images.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!