Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 22 November 2017

Roses in Red (by Penny)

Well here we are already at Penny's last week of her current Guest Design Team posts.  And this last project is a veritable feast for the eyes, a real study in red. So without further ado it's over to Penny.






Hello everyone, Penny here for my third and final GDT blog post this month - I've had so much fun bringing you these three projects!  Today's post is a lovely card that features a couple of Chocolate Baroque's many beautiful floral stamps - Floribunda Net, Harlequin Rose, and words from the Loving Sentiments set.  I have also used grey Versafine ink, Candied Apple Distress Ink, clear Sparkle pen, alcohol pens, and a gold marker pen.  

I began by creating the focal panel, stamping the rose in grey ink onto white card then colouring the image with alcohol pens.  I added clear Sparkle pen to the net in the background and die cut the image to create a panel.  I added distress inks through the die, using it like a stencil, then added gold pen around the outer edges of the panel.  To complete the panel I matted it onto black card.  

I stamped a single rose image using distress inks into each corner of a white base card.  I then used water to pull the ink out and paint the roses, and added Sparkle pen. I then stamped a sentiment at the bottom of the card and attached the focal panel. 

This is quite a simple design from me for a change, but it is still as much fun to create as other more complex  projects.  I think this pretty card would be great for many occasions and for any age.

  
Thank you for reading this post, I hope you've enjoyed it.  I know it's early but I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas!  

Penny  xxx

You know I think roses are right for any season, including Christmas, so thank you Penny for this beautiful finish on your final week.  We have loved having you as our guest and look forward to what you will bring us in the New Year.

Well that's all from me too but don't foget we have a new piece of inspirational artwork everyday from one of our lovely, and talented, design team. So please do join us again soon.




7 comments:

  1. Your card is lovely Penny,so vibrant. The rose stamps are so detailed and a pleasure to work with.
    Best wishes. Carole:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!Those roses in the corners are so detailed and lovely. I do like the color you choose for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Penny, love the roses.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These roses are beautifully coloured and I love the contrast between the brightly coloured ones on the topper and the more softly shaded ones on the base card, and the prettily blended edge to the background and the topper pull the whole thing together. A wonderful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I can only dream of being able to colour images like that :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this is amazing! Love the way you combined the focal point and the background with the same lovely stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning card Penny, the colours are amazing and what beautiful images, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!