Good morning. Today I have 2 cards to share with you using the lovely Baroque Ornament stamps.
Project 1 – Palm Fan Silhouette
- Baroque Ornament Palm Fan Silhouette and Indian Elephant stamp set
- 7 X 7 inch card blank and approx. 6 inch circle plus a scarp of stamping card
- Inkpads: dye based (violet), multi-coloured (blue and violet), Versamark
- Alcohol ink marker (violet)
- Glitter pens (pink, purple, blue)
- WOW embossing powder (Blueberry)
- Glue pen and fine crystal glitter
- 3D glue gel and foam pads
How to make it:
- Stamp the ornament and emboss with blue powder. Colour with glitter pens. Cut out the ornament. Snip into the petals and lift and shape. Using the glue pen ‘colour’ the outer sections and sprinkle with the glitter.
- Place the cut out ornament onto the circular mat and mark the outer positions of the image by dotting lightly with a soft pencil. Next draw in lightly cross sections of the circle to create 12 segments in total. This is to help you align for stamping. Stamp the small motif 12 times around the circle using the multi-coloured inkpad. Also stamp in the corners of the card blank.
- Edge the circular mat with a little dye based ink. Edge the card blank and circle with the alcohol marker to create a frame.
- Mount the ornament onto the circle using 3D glue gel for added dimension. Mount this onto the card blank using 3D foam.
- Finish with a little more glitter for extra sparkle.
Project 2 - Teardrop
The materials used were as above except using the Baroque Ornament Teardrop stamp, and with the addition of turquoise PVA pearls.
How to make it:
This one was made in a similar way to the first card. In this case the ornament was stamped twice and the central section cut, offset and layered onto the base one. Turquoise PVA pearls were used to finish.