Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 27 June 2015

Fragments and patchwork.....by Miranda



Hi there,

Today my last makes with the Fragments for this batch........ I know I will be using them often.....

I've made two cards using the Rustic fragments and the Seasonal Fragments. You can also buy them both in a multi-by and save some money.....
I combined it with a patchwork pattern using die cuts. As I said before I am in the mood for geometric shapes, I have already used the squares and circles before and now on to the hexagons.

Here is the first one......I've sponged the hexagons with Distress inks, splattered some water and embossed at first with Wow pearl white and some have been given accents with the matching Distress markers. And finally I gave them some transparent pearl pen accents.
I've combined them with the toadstools of the 'Autumn Poppy' sheet. These fragments are from the Seasonal Fragments.




And the 2nd one......more a sea theme style combined with the 'Seaside dreams' sheet.
Made similar to the other one but with a smaller hexagon die cut. These bubble fragments come from the Rustic Fragments.  




Also some transparent pearl pen droplets.......they match very well with these bubble fragments



Thanks for your visit and nice comments and hope to see you next time,
Enjoy your day,





7 comments:

  1. WOW!!, totally fantastic Miranda, love both your cards and just how different they are even using the same stamps, wonderful colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Miranda

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the pendant Miranda and these two cards rock - especially love the 'sea' one x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fragments used in this way with the patchwork design and the added toadstools on the first just inked in black give a great graphic look and the stitched lines added with a pen complement it so well, and the second with the sea theme and all those pretty blues is beautiful too. I love your sea bed with the shells and plants and the pretty pearl pen dots. There is always so much detail in your work Miranda. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work, love them all. Especially love how you have made the droplets look like water, very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mooi deze combinaties! En weer zo'n heel andere manier van gebruiken van de fragments! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous cards by Miranda!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!