Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 6 June 2015

Rustic Bubbles (posted by Claire)

Good morning folks, I hope you're having a good weekend so far. The new Rustic Fragments stamps are fab, they will work beautifully with so many of the other stamps and I needed no excuse at all to ink up one of my old favourites,from Seadragon and Seaside Dreams with the lovely bubbly stamp from Rustic Fragments.


I began by using my distress markers to colour directly to the sea bed stamp from Seaside Dreams, I spritzed the stamp with a mist of water and stamped the image. I used a water brush to pull the colour out and add some shading. I inked in the background using distress inks in shades of blue and green and then stamped the mermaid with black archival ink. I stamped the 'bubbles with Brilliance White ink and once that was dry I used my water brush to life some of the ink from some of the bubbles and also from around the mermaid.

I've distressed all the edges and layerd the little scene up on some kraft card adding some pearls, a paper flower and a pretty brad from my stash.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx

9 comments:

  1. Ein Traum von Karte.
    Einfach bezaubernd...

    Liebe Grüße

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great scene. I like the addition of the flower and gems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bubbles work beautifully in this gorgeous underwater scene Claire and the mermaid silhouette is just perfect for the focal image. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another work of art . Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning work Claire - really gorgeous!!! Big huggles rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Claire, this is fabulous work, love the wonderful colours and underwater scene, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card and underwater scene!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such great water-world! Beautiful watercolouring!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!