Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 20 June 2015

Rustic Fragments - Simple cards by Florence

Hi everyone

I hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Today I would like to share with you two simple cards made using the new Rustic Fragments Set.  

For my first card I have made a masculine card and I would like to dedicate this to all crafting Fathers and Grandfathers out there.  I hope you have a wonderful Fathers Day.



For the background stamping I stamped the image using brown Archival Ink but then added a little bit of embossing to give it a little bit more depth and to give it an abstract feel.  
I used an embossing pen for this and just applied the ink to the card in a brush stroke fashion.
I stamped the Eccentric Edwardian onto a separate piece of card stock, cut him out and attached him using foam pads.  I used a 350 gm board for this because I wanted him to be a chunky embellishment.

For my second card I have used the same stamp as above to make a basket of flowers. 


I embossed the image on card stock and cut out the basket shape.
For the flowers in the basket, I have used the Sunny Sunflower set of stamps. The flowers are stamped and then fussy cut out. To color them, I used a sponge and some Distress Ink.

Little baskets would look beautiful stamped in pastel colors for Easter projects.  Maybe with some chicks from the Steampunk Birds or maybe a basket of Daffodils from the Spring Bird Daffodil Set.  Or, what about a basket of Poinsettias for Christmas cards!   This is a really versatile stamp set to have in your stash. 

These are only a few suggestions for the basket idea.  Maybe you have some of your own that you would like to share with us using the comments box below?? 
Don't forget that if you do leave a comment, on any of the posts, during the current month, your name goes into the monthly comments draw.
Thank you for looking.

Happy Stamping
Florence x

8 comments:

  1. Wow you have done it again, I so love both your cards.
    Would never have thought of the basket idea but it's gorgeous and I have
    just bought that set. Must try that with my daisy chocolate baroque set of flowers.
    Thanks again for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both beautiful Florence and I must admit I thought of basket work when I saw that particular fragment but you have made it even better with the embossed finish which really gives it the look of cane or raffia, and I love the masculine and feminine versions which are both fantastic. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza, such amazing cards. You did such a great job with the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant cards Judith, incredible inspiration, fab male card and the stamp turned into a basket is so creative, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous makes here florence ...still not played with more than one of my elements yet but starting to get a little impatient! lol! soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards again! Love the colours that you use for the BG-stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone. Lovely to hear from you.
    Take care,
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours of both cards - bike one has to be my favourite though..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!