Pin It button on image hover

Monday 15 June 2015

Rustic Canvas (posted by Claire)

Good morning folks, Claire here with a project featuring Rustic Fragments, one of this month's new releases, they are really useful stamps like all the others in the range. For this project I've combined them with stamps from the Sewing Multibuy.


I began with a canvas board, primed with gesso before applying texture paste roughly with a palette knife. I let the texture paste set for a few minutes so it wasn't too 'squidgy' before stamping into it with the open weave fragment. Then I left it to dry thoroughly before applying acrylic paint in pinks and creams. Once the paint was dry I added some stamping using the other fabric fragment using potting soil archival ink. Next I highlighted the texture with gold gilding wax.



I stamped some of the sewing themed stamps onto cream card using Potting Soil Archival ink and cut them out. I added a little colour to the lacy border with my Graph'It Markers and then set to with glue and foam pads layering them all up.

I added lace, a flower made from scraps of fabric and tulle and then popped in a tag stamped again with the fabric fragments and overstamped with 'Imagine' from Artistic Expressions. I also stamped 'Enjoy the little things ....' onto some tissue and applied that to the corner of my canvas using matte medium.
To finish off I've added some faux pearls and a little button topped with a twine bow.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx


8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous canvass great texture and I love the delicate colour scheme

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty canvas Claire and the soft tones suit it perfectly with lots of gorgeous texture too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great vintage card and lovely pastels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks beautful Claire - and such a lovely use of the fragments x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful canvas, love the cream, brown and pink together. Wasn't going to buy any more craft supplies this year but couldn't resist the lovely Rustic Fragment set which will be so useful for lots of projects. Can't wait for it to arrive so I can get started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous canvas, love the images and the fab textures, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely canvas Claire and such pretty soft colours.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!