Pin It button on image hover

Friday 19 June 2015

Making an Impression (posted by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a cheery card to show you today, using the current stamps of the month, Rustic Fragments/Seasonal Fragments multi-buy.

I created the background by painting a piece of smooth watercolour paper with acrylic paint. I used the paint in a very diluted fashion to give a washed effect to the background. I added a large textured linen stamp across the background using a saffron coloured ink, and then filled in the rest of the background with the flower head design, using a plum coloured ink. I stamped a greeting from the Mackintosh Sentiments clear stamp set across a piece of hand dyed ribbon that I had left over from another project. I attached this to the background.

To create some added texture for the card, I rolled out three pieces of polymer clay, and cut them into circles. I stamped the flower head stamp into the clay, and following the manufacturer's instructions, I baked them in the oven. Once they had cooled down, I painted these with the same acrylic paint as I had used on my background. I added a bit of metallic wax to pick out some of the details of the flowers.

I hope that you feel inspired to try something like this out for yourselves, as these stamps are great for adding texture to all sorts of surfaces. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the inspiration for my new stamp set.
    I love your polymer clay pieces and the printed ribbon,
    Great for men's cards. Like your colour combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judith, just love your gorgeous card, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours you have used Judith and the way you have stamped with a similar colour in each area of colour, and also stamped on the ribbon for a different look. I have never used clay but would imagine you could also use the air dry clay to get a similar look. A pretty card using these different techniques. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colours, and the clay pieces

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful make Judith - must try the polymer clay technique - it looks fabulous x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!