Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Masked Men's Fragment Cards (by Julie)

Hello and thank you for stopping by. Today I have two cards that would suit a masculine theme, such as Fathers Day that is fast approaching. The stamp set used is the wonderful new Rustic Fragment set and as the title suggests, both cards have been made using masking techniques.


I started off by gently applying masking tape at various intervals across the card and colouring the gaps with Distress Inks, followed by stamping my chosen fragment stamps over the top before carefully removing the masking tape.
I then inked up the large, woven design, fragment stamp with Versamark and then stamped and gold embossed with a heat gun, before die cutting, three times with a circle.
 I covered the base with green textured card and die-cut circle mats for the stamped circles from the green card as well.
The Mackintosh Sentiment, With Love was added to finish the card off but of course you can add anything you like.


The masking tape came out again for my second card when I created a border around the edge of the base card, leaving a square in the middle. More strips of masking tape were arranged in the square to section parts off before I started stamping my chosen fragment stamps. You may find that you need a sheet of copier paper to add extra coverage so that you do not end up stamping in an area you didn't intend to. 
Tea Dye, Antique Linen, Old Paper and Dried Marigold Distress Ink were sponged into the masked off areas and a darker shade added along the edges to create the depth and shade.
Once the masking tape was removed I went around the edge of the large square design with a grey pencil, before applying Weathered Wood and dabs of Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
The little hearts were punched from spare card that I had stamped with the mesh fragment and glued with silicone to a strip of brown card.
As before the With Love sentiment was added from the Mackintosh Sentiment Clear stamp set.

Many thanks for looking and hope to see you here again tomorrow xx

8 comments:

  1. These are great cards, just the inspiration I need for Fathers Day and also for his birthday card the day after. I did a very similar card to your first one for my nephew recently but yours is a far better design. I just die cut 3 different sized circles from a square card and inserted different papers behind - I was in a hurry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both so original designs! Love the second; looks like a wave!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are very intriguing. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW there are brilliant, faby designs and colours. love your masking tecnique, kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so cool! I am trying so hard to resist these background fragments - I can see myself caving in very soon!!! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely - the second one appeals to me especially.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These two cards are just great Julie and the new fragments work very well especially in stripes in the backgrounds. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I especially like the second one. What a great effect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!