Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 3 January 2019

Birds of a Feather (by Zoe)

Good morning and Happy New Year, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas.


Today I'm sharing 3 samples I made for the fab Hochanda show last month featuring the wonderful bird themed stamp sets.


My first card I created the background on a pearlescent card by sprinkling Brushos onto some wrinkled up cling film and spritzing with Gold mica and water mixture, laying onto the card and leaving to almost dry before peeling off the cling film to reveal a stunning shimmery marble effect. Once completely dry I stamped using a Versamark inkpad and heat embossing with white embossing powder. To finish off I coloured parts of the feathers with a silver pen.


My next 2 cards as you can see are Christmas cards which I used a circle as a mask and Distress Inks to create a Wintery scene, on linen textured card. I used simple stamping, a bit of red pencil for the breast, and some chunky embossing powder randomly sprinkled and heated from behind to create a snowfall. I love using linen texture card for simple cards as I think it just adds that little bit of elegance.





I hope you like my creations?
Back later in the month with some more samples.
Have a wonderful day xx Zoe xx






8 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous Zoe.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! That background you created for the first one is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Zoe and love the feathers on the Brusho background, and the two winter scenes are perfect. A Happy New Year to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you’ve done the background to the feathers! These are super!
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, hope you had a good Christmas too. Absolutely gorgeous samples Zoe, love the clever background on the first card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colours of your feather card, these blues and browns are awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards. The background of the feather one has energy and you can almost see the feathers floating down

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!