Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 2 January 2019

Live out Loud by Brenda


Good morning, Brenda here with my first post of January sharing some of my Bird creations from Lesley's recent Hochanda shows. 

As I have been rather poorly for the last couple of months I am being ably assisted by hubby in writing up my posts, I can push inks and paints about and my stamping platform is a wonderful asset but not too good stringing the words together so we will blame his lack of crafty knowledge if there are a few faux pas!

The top card started with an oxide ink background panel with repeat stamping using the flourish from Dawn Chorus and the focal panels with images from Live out loud, again using versafine black and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder. The edges of each panel inked with versamark, dusted with detail gold powder and heat embossed, then layered up with foam pads to give some dimension.


I am rather obsessed with MDF monolith's, they make a nice change from cards and are fun to work with. This one was given a quick coat of gesso, followed by Little Birdie chalk acrylic paint which I am equally obsessed with along with the Little Birdie crackle medium which I also used on this piece. It really is one of the best I've used and perfect for both the experienced and new crafter. Next some texture paste added through a stencil and the Owl from Wise owl stamped with Versafine black and gold accents added to both the Owl and stencilled elements. Some feathers from Dawn Chorus stamped here and there, sentiment from Sing your song, ribbon and finally liquid pearls to highlight.


Finally a bright and cheerful card using lots of masking and the bird images from Fly away with me, I created masks for the three images, using three lovely bright colours of Versafine Clair inks and just repeat stamped using the masks to move across the squares of card. It takes a little time but is fun to do and providing you remember to place the mask where you have stamped you can't really go wrong.

Many thanks for popping in today and wishing you a Happy and Crafty 2019.


7 comments:

  1. I like the use of the monolith instead of card!
    Hope you’re feeling better.
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, hope to be able to pop something on IG today to plug your new stamps, not been up to it for a few weeks and been made to sit on my hands.

      Delete
  2. Three gorgeous pieces of work Brenda and the monolith is that bit different, and love all the pretty inking on the first, and such great masking on the last. I hope you are beginning to pick up now and also wishing you a Happy and Creative New Year. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous, I love the different variations of colour and designs.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, all very unique :) Get Well Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, so vibrant!! Love so much the colours!! The monolith is just stunning, such fabulous work you made!! The last design is so clever, surely it has been fun to do!
    So happy to have notices from you, Brenda, and hearing that you can play in your craftroom! :) I hope your health is improving day by day!! My best wishes for the 2019!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!