Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 27 January 2019

Doves of Peace by Brenda


Good morning, Brenda here with my last post of January sharing some more Bird inspired creations.

My first has some reverse stamping using the graceful Dove from Fly away with me. I used an Oxide ink background and my starting point was to stamp the image onto acetate (ensuring the Dove is facing into the centre) using Versafine black and then carefully lay a piece of cardstock over the top and gently rub over the image to ensure the ink all transferred. Next take a careful look at the image to see where you need to stamp the reverse image and I always use grey as the reverse stamping will always be a little lighter. I'm sure many of you are old hands at this but anyone new to this I'm always happy to help, just mail me. Finally a sentiment from Sing your song


I've used Let your heart sing again for this one stamped into a masked oval which I inked with Distress Inks and a masked sun and stamped with the oval mask still in place using Versafine black. After removing the mask I stamped the Happy Birthday sentiment.


The background for this one is part of a master board which I find really useful having pre prepared and which I batch make in quieter moments. I added some background interest using the flourishes Fly away with me and Wise owl and stamped one of the birds from Dawn Chorus and a computer generated sentiment.

Thank you for your visit today.

8 comments:

  1. As always Brenda beautiful cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Brenda, such amazing pieces!! I have never tried the technique you used in the Dove card, such lovely result stretching your stamps!! The in the masked oval looks wonderfully and love really very much the last card with the amazing background and the fabulous bird with your own split sentiment!!! The string with button is a lovely detail!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my so beautiful Brenda, your designs and colours are gorgeous ,Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Brenda, loving the backgrounds.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three fantastic cards Brenda with some great ideas using the acetate to stamp the image in reverse, and I love the border using the collage bird stamp from the Sing Your Song set. The masked oval suits the Let Your Heart Sing bird, and the masked sun and soft inking works beautifully, and the last using one of your ready made backgrounds looks great with the sweet bird perched on the dove's flourishy tail feathers which works really well. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all lovely. My favourite is the masked oval, going to have a play today trying that technique. Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely set of cards, each different, each beautiful. Tfs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!