Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 17 January 2019

Golden Dawn - by Penny

Goodly morning peeps, I hope this finds you all well and warm today.  I'm back today with my second post of this month, a cheerful card from the December tv shows featuring the beautiful Bird stamps.  So for this project I have used stamps from the Let Your Heart Sing, Dawn Chorus, and Live Out Loud  sets; Distress Inks, Versamark ink and gold EP.




I took a piece of white card and, using a couple of stencils from my stash I created a scenic background with a bright sunburst created with Distress Inks.  



I then stamped the Dawn Chorus collage image at the bottom of the panel using Versamark ink and embossed it in gold.  I repeated the process with two bird in the grass images.  I wanted the images to be seen clearly above the first one, so after embossing them I lengthened the grass on one of the images by painting an extension with a fine brush and glycerine, then embossed it as normal.  I stamped and embossed the poem at the top of the panel and added gold pen around the edges of the panel.   



I matted the panel onto black card and set it aside.  On a white base card I stamped several worker stamps from all the sets around the edges with DI then attached the focal panel to it.

Thank you for popping in today and spending a few minutes with me and these beautiful stamps.  I'll be back later in the month with some more crafty fun and inspiration.


Take care until next time



                         xx  Penny xx









11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sentiment on this fabulous card.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Penny, I love that gorgeous sunburst, fabulous colours, and a truly beautiful sentiment, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Penny. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a magical card, just amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful card, thank you for sharing your technique

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bright yellow and red to give those fabulous suns rays in the background and great added hills behind the beautiful gold embossed Dawn Chorus Bird in the tree, and then the oversized look of the two other birds on the foliage, a really dramatic look Penny. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. If mornings were as beautiful as this I would always want to get up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!