Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 31 January 2019

Owl in Copper by Penny



Good morning peeps, I hope you are all warm and well.  I'm back with my last post for this month and it features the lovely Wise Owl and Fly Away With Me  stamp sets; Copper Soft Form paste, copper embossing powder, Versamark ink, gold gilding wax and a copper marker pen.



On a piece of black card I stamped and embossed several different sized feathers, in a random pattern all over.  I then edged the panel with copper pen.




To create the embellishments I spread Soft Form paste over the owl and feather stamps, left them to dry then peeled them off the stamps.  I added a little gold gilding wax to accentuate the patterns.  I took a piece of spare black card then stamped and embossed the quote in copper.  I then tore around the quote and added gold gilding wax to the rough edges.   



I matted the background panel onto a white base card and attached the embellishments to it.  This is a lovely card to create, and using copper with the black not only looks good but it makes a nice change from gold and silver.


Thank you for dropping in today, I hope you've enjoyed this last post of this month from me.

Until next month then,



                             xx  Penny  xx










7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Penny, love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, love the sentiment.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty and the copper soft form past has worked well with the owl and feather, and love the added copper embossing for the sentiment and the background feathers and such great contrast using the black card. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! Creative Blessings Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!