Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 13 January 2019

Look at the Birdies (by Zoe)

Good morning Lovelies and welcome to my second post for January featuring these stunning bird themed stamp sets.


My tag is greyboard which I used Distress Oxide inkpads to colour using a blending tool and a little water sprinkled on and dried to give a little texture. I heat embossed in gold the fab verse before adhering the little squares which I'd stamped onto some Gel Press prints I'd made a while back.















I made the Christmas card using watercolour paper and sparkle brush pens and water to get that "wash" effect, and added a few little splatters of water dabbed to create some texture before drying and stamping.



Another watercolour background which I created using re-inkers onto my waterproof craft mat and lots of water, then popped the watercolour card onto it and dried. I heat embossed the image using Versafine black inkpad and clear embossing powder, and a little bit of white and gold gel pen here and there to highlight.



I started my Wise Owl card by stamping him using Versamark inkpad and heat embossing in silver embossing powder. I placed a large circle as a mask over him, then blended Distress Oxide inkpads around him and the mask with a blending tool. With the mask still in place I used a patterned stencil/mask over the whole thing and spritzed with water, carefully blotting with a dry cloth, then removing the stencil and blotting again to reveal the subtle and interesting water marks. Once completely dry I second generation stamped using a grey inkpad the verse randomly in the background.



Thank you for taking the time to visit and leave a comment, I love to read what you think.
Have a wonderful day xx Zoe xx

8 comments:

  1. Great background techniques, Zoe!
    Kim
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great cards and tags but my absolute favourite is the orange one.
    I bet it's really shiny in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four fabulous creations and I would be hard pressed to pick a favourite out of these as they are all so lovely, but I do adore the colours on the first and third, but the owl is so cute and the beautiful blue background to the Dawn Chorus really makes one think of an early morning Summer's day. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous makes! Love especially the third one, it's just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous! I love the different designs.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful designs and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab - I especially like the tag :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!