Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 12 January 2019

Moonlight song by Brenda


Morning, Brenda here with more from Lesley's December shows featuring all things Birds, I've had Let your heart sing for years, it's such a lovely stamps set and lends itself to so many occasions and for this one I went with shades of yellow with a hint of black, my thinking was moonlight but it could equally be early morning just before sunset, I will let you decide. After masking the moon I brushed on on sky, removed the mask and added some more colour across the moon and then stamped the bird image. I used my stamp platform for this along with black versafine so that I could repeat stamp to achieve a deep image.........I resisted buying one for so long and now I really wonder why, especially since my recent illness when my hands and arms have become quite weak and it has become invaluable. Finally I matted ad layered onto coordinating cardstock.


Here I took the three birdies from Fly away with me and stamped each individually onto a piece of art board using versafine toffee, then using the small egg from the same set I repeat stamped around the edges of each piece, a flourish in the corner using the tail of the Dove and under one bird added a branch from Dawn Chorus. Next I added some brick wall stencilling to the background and glazed all using repeat inking and embossing using versamark and detail clear powder, finally mounting all onto a piece of corrugated to which I added some aqua Frantage.


My final share using purple and yellow, a colour palette I always enjoy using has a central masked circle coloured with Pan Pastels and stencilled with Really Useful Leaves and Distress Inks, the mask removed and one of the birds from Dawn Chorus and sentiment from Sing your song stamped in Versafine black, both repeat stamped using my stamp platform.

My thanks as always for popping by today.



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, stamps, and wonderful colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Amazing use of the fabulous birdies stamps (some of these are just in my wishlist!) and so creative!!! Liked very much reading how you made any of these beautiful pieces and love especially the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love these bird stamps and as you say they are so versatile and pretty too. I love all the colourways and the designs are all beautiful, but I think the third with the masked circle is my favourite..it is so elegant and framed so well with the yellow and purple card layers. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations. I’m sure I have these stamps somewhere. Probably have to tidy my shelves to find them but it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and stamps. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These stamps are awesome and you use them so well !

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful selection of cards Brenda, marvellous designs and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!