Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 5 January 2019

Imagine That! by Penny



Morning peeps, this is my first post of 2019 so Happy New Year to you all!  I hope you all had a great Festive Season and that you're looking forward to lots of crafty fun this year.  I'm kicking off with a lovely tag  today that features stamps from the Sing Your Song  and Words of Inspiration sets;   blue Versafine ink, clear and copper EP, Distress Inks, gold glitter texture paste, CB Useful Leaves Mask/Stencil, Versamark ink, gold pen.



I painted a greyboard tag with white gesso and when it was dry I blended Distress inks over it.  I stamped a swirly bird image from the Fly Away With Me set all over the tag using one of the DIs.  I applied Versamark ink around the edges of the tag and embossed it with a gold sparkle EP.



On some white card I stamped and embossed a bird and a bird house, coloured them with DIs and cut them both out.  I took the stencil and applied the texture paste to the top of the tag to add foliage.  I then attached a die cut branch from my stash and attached the bird to the branch.  I attached the birdhouse in the same way, as though it's hanging from the branch.



I stamped and embossed the word 'Imagine' in copper onto another piece of white card.  I cut it into a label shape and coloured it with DI.  I edged the label with a copper pen, then added some lines and dots with a gold pen before attaching the label to the tag.  I added some fibres and ribbons to complete the design.  



Golden Song  by Penny






For my second project today I have another sample from December's shows, with stamps from the Sing Your Song and the Live Out Loud sets, red Soft Form Relief Paste, red Versafine ink, clear EP, gold gilding wax, and a gold pen.



I spread the red paste over the large negative image from the Live Out Loud set.  I left it to set overnight.  When it was ready I peeled it off the stamp and added some gilding wax as a highlight.



On a white base card I stamped and embossed a bird in a tree image and the sentiment from the Sing Your Song set using red ink and clear powder.  I added some gold dots around the words and coloured the flowers on the bird.




I coloured a piece of paper with a gold pen, then attached the paste panel to it and matted that onto black card.  I attached the panel to the card to complete this stylish design.

Thank you for dropping by today.  I hope these projects have given you some crafty ideas, I'll be back again later in the month with more crafty fun!


Take care,


                   

                               xx  Penny  xx 


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Great techniques used here and fabulous results! Thanks for the step by step tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the bird and birdhouse in blue with the pretty coppery leaves and sentiment, and love the sparkly paste, and then the bright and beautiful card using the soft form relief paste, and with the gold highlights and background which really makes the image pop, and great red stamping on the card base too with the complementary bird and sentiment. Wonderful creations Penny. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all gorgeous, loving the techniques.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Penny and I love your tag too. The colours are fabulous and it gives me hope that Spring will soon be here. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your makes ! and thanks for sharing your techniques, very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both lovely, thanks for all the info too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!