Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 30 January 2019

Using Scrap Paper as a Focal Point (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I am back with my final projects using the lovely bird stamps featured in last month's TV shows on Hochanda. I have created two cards using scrap pieces of paper as the main feature, to show that sometimes what might be considered as something to throw away, can be made into a great feature for your cards and other projects.

For my first card, I made a background using Distress Oxides in three different colours, and then stamped some foliage from the Nature Swirls stamp set to create a scene using coordinating dye based inks. I stamped and embossed some of the images from Sing Your Song and Live Out Loud, using Versamark and some two tone embossing powders onto scraps of Lesley's My Floral Soul papers. I cut the images out, and added then to the scene. These papers are so lovely, I want to use up every last inch of them!


For my second project, I decided to use the large owl from the Wise Owl stamp set as my focal image.

I had been making some gelli print backgrounds, and had a scrap piece of paper that I had cleaned the brayer with. The multi coloured greens looked lovely, and the paper was too good to waste. I stamped the owl using Versamark, and added two different shades of embossing powder before heat embossing. I then stamped some of the swirls from Let Your Heart Sing and Dawn Chorus, using black ink, and added some flowers from Orchard Design A Tree. I also added the sentiment from the Live Out Loud stamp set.

For the background, I used a gelli print created with green ink and bubble wrap, and stamped some of the feathers from Wise Owl and Dawn Chorus with Versamark, and swirled some mica powder over the top. I added matting layers of black card to complete the project.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

7 comments:

  1. love the idea of using scrap papers, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so beautiful Judith ,Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Judith. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these birds stamps, and you made two fabulous works with them! Very sweet cards and great use of the scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I just adore the top one, such pretty colours. Creative Blessings Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!