Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 25 May 2014

Not-So-Nouveau (by Asha)

Hello there, friends! I'm back with a couple more cards featuring stamps from the Fleurs Nouveau and Nouveau Lovebirds collection. These are simple makes, not requiring many tools, products or complicated techniques.
**********

For my first project, I inked the background in rich autumnal tones with various hues of reds, orange and mustard. The grassy bits is a stamp from the Wild Meadow A4 sheet and the sentiment is from the Loving Words A5 sheet.

I coloured the flower stamp from the Fleurs Nouveau A5 sheet with alcohol markers. For some texture, I coloured a few extra leaves and flowers and decoupaged these onto the main image.

*********

When I saw this arty image form the Nouveau Lovebirds A4 sheet, I didn't know what to make of it... but I was determined to used it, somehow. And here it is. This time I inked the background with lighter tones of blue with some dark yellow radiating from the centre and a design from Texture Fragments A4 sheet.


I coloured image with alcohol markers, fussy cut and mounted it with some foam tape on to a piece of die-cut vellum. Black bling and black twine complete the project.

*********

There you have it - two simple cards with contrasting colour combos. Despite their art nouveau label, stamps from Fleurs Nouveau and Nouveau Lovebirds collections truly are versatile and will work with any style or skill set. Come back soon for a few more samples from the rest of the crew.

Beijinhos,
Asha 

13 comments:

  1. two stunning cards Asha - just beautiful designs - love them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your backgrounds-stamp combinations so! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunners Asha. I really like how you fussy cut the second one. You have given it a whole new dimension.
    Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wos Asha , I love these beautiful samples , great backgrounds and images!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely cards but if I had to choose my favourite it would be the first one I just love that colour palette
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the second card especially. Great way to use spellbinders dies as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cards. Your layering and colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous Asha, love the stitching and fabulous backgrounds you have created which showcase the stamps brilliantly.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. both lovely cards, my favourite has to be the first, such vibrant colours

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are gorgeous. You managed to create an awesome background on your second card. I love how bright and vibrant the first card is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always Asha - fabulous and beautiful cards! The coloured backgrounds are stunning but still the stamps are the star of the show. Love the stitching and love the bold colours on the flowers - thank you for the inspiration huni Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your second card has me mesmerised - the way your stitched border combines with the black gems & echoes the twine is quite spectacular. The background is a super echo of the top of the flower's internal seed like oval shapes & the die-cut's edges enhance likewise. The whole just glows.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!