Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 3 February 2022

Dress Forms (by Sandra)


Hello everyone.
Today I thought I would do a little walkthrough of a card I have made.

First I stamped the three dress forms from the Haberdashery stamp set in brown archival ink onto some stamping card.


I then put a line of washi tape across the bottom quarter of my card as I wanted this area to stay white.  I used the markings on my glass mat to get it straight.
I used three colours of Distress Inks to colour the top part.

I stamped the bodice part of the dress forms onto some pattern papers and cut these out. (Sorry about the reflections - the joys of Velux windows!)

                               

I die cut a lacy border and aged with Distress Inks and removed the washi tape.     

                                            

I glued all my pieces onto the card base.



I added smaller stamps to the background, a sentiment and a piece of ribbon. Also, I decided it needed a bit of pink Distress Ink.



Here it is finished and mat and layered onto a 8x8" card.
Thanks for looking
Sandra x
http://isthatthetime.blogspot.com/
 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing us how you built up this beautiful card Sandra, and I love the patterned papers you have used for the body pieces of the dress forms, and the added cotton reels and pin cushion, and the different buttons look great in the background. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!