Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 9 February 2022

Woodland Dreams (by Lorraine)

Hello everyone, today sees the first of three posts by our Guest Design Team member Lorraine. She has created a card using the spotlight technique for your inspiration.

Lorraine writes:

 I decided to pull out one of my original Chocolate Baroque purchases from the Woodland Dreams set. There is so much detail in this one stamp that it ws possible to actually spotlight two areas, although it could carry one quite happily. Unfortunately, I can't recall the dimensions of the card, and it's been gifted now, so I can't check, but the design really dictates the base layer- the size of the mounts is at your discretion!

Smooth black and white card are essential to get the best results, as this technique called for lots of embossing. Liberal use of an anti-static bag also helps. Starting off with the black card, stamp the image using Versamark. I used a stamping platform to help get a good impression - it also provides you with the opportunity to reapply the ink if you miss a bit. Fortunately, the embossing ink shows up well on the black card. Once you're happy with your image, add your white embossing powder and heat set. I like the fine detail powders as they give a crisp result. Repeat the proces using black powder on white card.

When you have decided on the area you want to spotlight - in this case I chose the birds - cut the two corresponding circles from your white card. I actully used my Scan n Cut for this as I didn't have any circle dies of the right size. The circle on the left overlapped the card, so I layered up the the black and white mounts before actually affixing the spotlight circles. There are so many 'contact points' within the design that it does take a little patience to get it properly lined up, but I think the finished effect is worth it. I hope you agree!

 


2 comments:

  1. This is so crisp and elegant using the black and white and love the layered background...a beautiful card Lorraine. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!