Pin It button on image hover

Monday 21 February 2022

Having Fun with Backgrounds (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all keeping well. I have a couple of projects to share with you today on an 'Anything Goes' theme. There are so many stamps to choose from in the Chocolate Baroque stamp collection that I had a hard time narrowing down my choices for my final blog post this month!

For my first card, I decided to make a useful Birthday card to add to my stash box, handy for when I need a card in a hurry. I took a piece of fabric and frayed the edges. I painted the fabric using watered down acrylic paint. Using Archival ink, I stamped an image from the Brocade Backgrounds stamp set. I stamped a sentiment from Loving Sentiments onto an inked die cut rectangle. To complete the card, I added some pretty pleated ribbon and some metallic card as a mount.


 For my second card, I had a left over background from a previous project created using Brushos. I stamped the large butterfly from Patchwork Butterfly in one corner. I masked the butterfly using masking tissue, and stamped images from Make your Mark and Numerology over the background, plus the sentiment from Patchwork Butterfly

Once I had built up the background sufficiently, I removed the Masking Tissue, and coloured the image with pencils. I added a couple of grey pencils around the edges of the butterfly to give a shadow and to create the feeling of depth.


I have really had fun dipping into my library of stamps this month, and hope that you have enjoyed my posts. Thanks for stopping by, take care,


Judith xx



2 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant backgrounds and I love the Brocade background in the yellow and brown, and the added sentiment and pleated ribbon complete the look beautifully Judith, and the two lots of background stamps look so pretty with the gorgeous butterfly which looks as though it will fly away at any minute with the added grey pencil around the edges to give it depth and dimension. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! such fabulous ideas and cards.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!