Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 1 February 2022

Fresh Parsley (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all keeping well. This month, the Design Team are going to be posting projects on a theme of 'Anything Goes' as we did not have a TV show last month. It is not often we have a chance to run wild through our collection of Chocolate Baroque stamps, and having been on the Team for a very long time, I have a great number to choose from! I did not want to select my obvious favourites, which are mainly Autumnal stamps anyway, not really suitable for this time of year, so I had a really good look at what else I liked in the collection. I am also trying not to use my go to favourite colours either. I hope you like what I have selected.

My first card this month uses the beautiful Parsley Clock stamp set. I stamped the main image onto some green card, and added a smaller parsley sprig along the bottom, plus a single butterfly, and the lovely sentiment that Lesley added to the stamp set. The words are perfect for a Get Well card, or maybe for someone that needs cheering up. Equally, the card would make a fabulous Birthday card.

I added the splatter stamp using second generation stamping, so that it was not too overpowering. I then coloured the images with pencils, keeping everything to a limited colour palette of yellow, orange, pink and green.

I created a larger background using Brushos, using the same four colours, and once this was dry, I added the splatter stamp in second generation stamping, as before. I matted both layers onto black card.

This is a lovely fresh colour palette for Spring, but you could vary the colours and create a completely different effect. Remember, you do not have to colour the flowers in realistic colours, I have added pink to the Parsley here, because it suited my colour scheme.

 I will be back later in the month with more projects to share with you. Thanks for stopping by,


Judith xx


2 comments:

  1. I love the very colourful washy background Judith, and the added Parsley Clock and the flowers look beautiful coloured in pink and yellow, and finished with that wonderful sentiment and splatters. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!