Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 15 February 2022

Organic structures (by Miranda)

 

Hi crafty people,


Miranda here.....with another blogpost for you. I was so inspired(as many of you) by the talented Jo Ward that I had to give this a try.......I re-watched the demo on the Craft store channel and I loved it!

I tried to change it a bit so I also added a bit of myself too.....I love organic structures and it made me think of 'mother Earth' with colors of earth, water, greens and a bit of gold too......

I used my Daniel Smith watercolors and this time I played with the Primatek colors, based on minerals....all a bit muted tones ....I did not have the handy rulers Jo used but I just cut the paper with wavy edges so I had a positive and a negative.

I used the same  square bubble stamp but instead of a drawn circle I took the circle stamp from the 'Celestial set'.

I created more open areas between each 'bubble stamped area' so I could create a kind of 'rivers' in between. I used a waterproof fineliner to draw some lines in the blue and purple areas after I painted a thin line of gold paint. 


I have used the sentiment of the 'words of inspiration' set.


Thanks to Jo for inspiring me with this fun technique and hope you like my take on it! I sure will try this technique in other ways.......

Thanks for visiting and till next time,













9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Miranda. The colours you've used are very organic. Best wishes. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Miranda and I love the more muted shades of watercolour and the touches of gold stand out so prettily. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Miranda, fab colours and looks very geological xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! When I was on my spaceship travels? I saw this view! Just Fabulous
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning a fabulous technique taken to a completely different place love this Miranda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miranda wat prachtig. Wat een talenten heb jij toch.
    Echt schitterend.💝

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a cool image Miranda- very creative ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab work here, it actually looks like a digital print. Something very different, well done x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!