Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 8 February 2022

A French Heart For February by Doreen

A French Heart For February


Hello everyone and welcome to February, not sure I like what is happening with the weather at the moment but it's not something we can control so I won't dwell on it.

Today I would like to share a simple card with you using the beautiful French Heart which lends itself to some really easy decoupage.


 Firstly I stamped the full image using the Versafine Clair Fantasia, and then just a couple of extra images of the floral part of the stamp for colouring and fussy cutting to use for the decoupaging elements in this card.

For colouring I have used Chromaflow Pencils by Derwent bought for me by my Grandchildren for Christmas and I have to say I am really impressed with them. They are very easy to blend just using a paper stump.

Once coloured I used the Old Paper Distress Oxide just to take away the starkness of the white background. 

To mould and shape the leaves and the front floral image use a large ball tool and soft shaping mat, or any fairly firm foam to allow you to give your leaves and floral pieces their rounded shape. Apply to the card using a 3d glue medium of choice or foam pads if you prefer. 

As a finishing touch I added some clear glass gems.

Thank you for looking in today 

Love Doreen










 

3 comments:

  1. I love the dimension you have given the beautiful flowers Doreen, and the Old Paper ink blended background gives a more vintage feel and perfectly finished with the clear gems. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!