Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 22 February 2022

Stamped Images onto Candles (by Sandra)

 Hello everyone.

Today, instead of showing a card I'm sharing how to add a stamped image onto a candle.

First, choose your stamps. I have used the two larger poppy seed heads from Sow the Seeds stamp set.


Stamp the image onto some white tissue paper with VersaMark ink and emboss in gold. I am using a white candle, if you are using a different colour candle use tissue paper of that colour. Just bear in mind that it is easier to colour on white!

Once it was embossed I cut around the edge. This doesn't have to be too accurate.

I also embossed the word "Nature" from the same set.

I coloured the stamped tissue with Distress Ink that I put onto my glass mat and spritzed with water. If the colour bleeds a little as it did in mine, just cut up to the embossed line. 

Place the stamped and coloured pieces onto the candle, (you can do the pieces individually) and then wrap some parchment paper or wax paper around and keep it pulled tight around the candle. Use a heat gun or hair dryer to melt the wax and absorb the tissue paper. As soon as you see the tissue disappear move onto the next bit. If you stay in one area too long the wax will start to ripple.

And here is the finished candle. Hope you will give it a go! 


Safety First - these are decorative Items and should not be lit once you have applied the tissue to them.

Thanks for looking

Sandra x

3 comments:

  1. i do use my decorated candles, you just need to kepp trimming the decoration as the candle burns down

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super technique and I love the poppy seed heads and sentiment Sandra making a very pretty and decorative candle. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So VERY Beauitful. I'm sure it would be admired on display.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!