Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 23 February 2022

Trees a Crowd (by Lorraine)

This tree is from the Trees a Crowd set, and it really lends itself to being a stand-alone focal point. It can cover all seasons, with the addition of leaves and blossoms in appropriate colours, but I decided to make it a Winter tree.

I found some grey paper in my stash which whilst having a faint grey stripe, I felt didn't distract too much from the image. Using Versafine Clair in Nocturne, and my trusty stamp press, I centred the image on a tall rectangular panel. It was then clear embossed using a detail powder. Having decided from which direction the snow should drift, I highlighted the branches with a white Signo pen. I'm never too confident about my shading, so I took my time, and was pretty pleased with the results!

This panel was then mounted onto a piece of white card, leaving a minimal border. The sentiment "I shall sit here peacefully and dream slowly" seemed to fit the bill. Again, this was stamped, embossed and mounted in a similar fashion. Lesley does such lovely sentiments and words in her stamp sets, so there is always something to suit the occasion.

To finish off, I adhered a band of the same grey just slightly down from the centre and positioned the tree and sentiment accordingly. Then, for a small pop of colour, a heart shaped gem found its way onto the corner, and because I love the completed card!



3 comments:

  1. The tree looks great and I love the monochromatic look and the touches of white around and on the tree Lorraine..a wonderful card! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! This is so beautiful in every way.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!