Pin It button on image hover

Monday 4 April 2022

floral candle (by Veronica)


 Good morning everyone, hopefully you are enjoying some welcome sunshine today, even if it does come with a breeze.

My share today is a candle decorarted using part of the floral paraphernalia stamp launched at the beginning of March.

The top part of the long A4 size stamp was stamped onto white tissue paper using black versafine ink, I tend to stamp onto the smooth side of the tissue paper and colour on the rougher side, but that is just my personal preference.

The image was coloured with alcohol marker pens, then I painted with water round the image and tore it out very carefully.

I positioned the tornout image onto the candle, then wrapped a sheet of copy paper tightly round the candle over the image leaving enough to hold the candle. Using a heat gun  - I use a very ancient hairdryer type gun, as the heat is gentler than the newer ones -  heat the image area gently until it starts to show through the paper.

Remove the copy paper and your image should be attached to the candle.

I do use my decorated candles, you do need to keep the tissue paper trimmed down level with the top of the candle as the candle burns down.

2 comments:

  1. This candle is beautiful and the colours are really pretty Veronica, also it is great that the candle can be used too, though it looks so lovely I don't think I could bear to..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the candle, it looks so beauitful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!