Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 20 April 2022

Limited Colours (by Christine)

Hello again and welcome to my second blog for April.

You may remember that I decided on a journal page for one of my pieces in the first blog so I needed another to balance the other side of the journal.

I chose the lovely Mother Earth stamp sheet and decided to create a background from scratch. The first thing I reached for was the Draw and Tear Ruler Set and then, with a permanent black fine tip pen, used each side of each ruler to draw lines horizontally and vertically across the page.

Using some grey Archival Ink, I then added some elements from the Modern Textures stamp sheet.

When that was completed, I created a mask for the shroom stamp and then added six shrooms to the piece, again using grey Archival Ink. 

I stamped the shroom image four times and used pencils as my colouring medium; two shades of red for the head of the shrooms and two of brown for the stem. A white gel pen brought the white areas out a little more and then I used a blending stub to finish them, but decided to keep them quite uneven for the effect. Before adding them to the page, I stamped two words from the Mother Earth stamp sheet using a deep pink and brown Versafine ink. Finally, I used Vintage Photo Distress Ink to edge the final A4 page.

I used my fingers to give the shrooms some shape, added some foam tape down the length of the centre and, voila, a finished journal page.

I really enjoyed creating this page - I hope you like it too. 

My second project is an 8" x 8" card, clean and simple. The stamp of choice for this one is the Floral Clock.

I used Versafine Black ink and then clear embossing powder since I intended to use alcohol pens for the colouring. I kept the colour choice to a minimum and was pleased with the final look. I cut a red mat and then mounted them to the front of the card. I had already used a heart edger die from my stash to give the front a little more detail. A simple but effective design I think.


Take care and happy crafting!

Christine

xx

1 comment:

  1. I love the shrooms coloured beautifully and added to the monochromatic background Christine, with more shrooms and the lines and texture stamps..the perfect background and journal page, and then the bright and bold CAS look of the card using the Floral clock which looks so pretty and stands out so well against the red matted layer and white card. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!