Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 16 April 2022

Reflections And Wings (By Tracy Thompson)


I'm here again to share a couple more samples that were made for the shows in March, all the stamps were so good to use and I loved all the details.  So for my first I wanted to show The Phenomenal Butterfly Elements stamps, so I kept this one simple by using a small stamping block, adding ink then spraying with some water, then press down onto the card.  I did this in three different colours, then stamped an element over the top in black.   I added a sentiment that suited the Butterflies and Dragonfly from the set Birthday words.  Matted and Layered in a matching colour.  I said it was simple!



For my next creation I thought what would show off these fabulous trees from Out Of The Trees stamp, and yes of course a reflection, I love doing reflections.  So I started by creating the background putting in a little sunset/sunrise colour and just building up all the colours to get the right back drop.  You just do half the card as below for the other half you need to go a bit lighter for the water effect.  To do my reflections I use a Gel Plate, so stamp the main image first then stamp onto the gel plate and then place below the main image as a reflection.  Then adding some detail by grounding the stamp and just layer it up on a co-ordinating colour card.

Thank you for looking and see you near the end of the month with a couple more creations.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

2 comments:

  1. Simple maybe! but so very beautiful, each of them. Inspirational also.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two great looks Tracy with the simple but very effective CAS card, and I love the colours of the boxes with the added stamped butterflies..just so pretty, then the super reflection you have made with your gelli plate and the scenic stamp and such beautiful colours. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!