Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 5 April 2022

Phenomenal Butterflies (By Tracy Thompson)


 Today I would like to share with you a couple of creations that were made for March's shows on Create & Craft.  The first one above is using the fabulous stamp The Phenomenal Butterfly, which is a very large long stamp and beautiful to work with.  I started by creating a background with Distress oxides and layering on to my base card.  I then cut three squares and stamped a different part of the stamp on each square.  I then stamped the butterflies and dragonflies again, cut them out coloured them in the same colour inks as the background and covered them in clear embossing powder for a glossy finish.  I placed them over the original image on the squares, I stamped a sentiment from the set called Birthday Words on a strip of card and added to my card.


For my second creation I started by stamping the wall from the Out Of The Tees Elements, I stamped another on some masking paper and covered the original, with the masking paper over the wall I stamped the train in place then stamped that onto masking paper too.  Now that both my main elements were in place I started to create my scene.  Using Distress oxides I created a hill, I then used the trees along the hill line, then behind the wall.  for the foreground I stamped foliage from the Walk tall stamp set.  I removed my masking paper and coloured my main elements.

I will look forward to later in the month when I will share with you a couple more makes from these shows

Thank you for looking

Happy crafting

Tracy x

3 comments:

  1. Great cards. The second one reminds me of the days my DH worked on Princess Elizabeth, the Royal Train, she is red. Super card and not just it made me happy, lots of stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two really beautiful cards Tracy and I love the way you have used the stamp in a completely different way with the three panels and the pretty butterflies over the top, and the scene you have created for the second looks wonderful with the pretty colours for the washy background. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Another stamp set I NEED! I love the train, with 3 elder brothers Firemen on the old GWR trains. It brought back wonderful memories, SUPER stamping scene.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!