Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 22 November 2015

Acetate Flower Post it Holder (posted by Claire)

Good morning folks, Claire here (again) as I got confused and posted this Friday instead of today, still I'm very easily confused lol. My project today would make an idea stocking filler made using the beautiful Dotty Centre Flowerhead stamp.


I stamped the Flower on heat resistant acetate using Versamark ink and embossed with Gold Embossing Powder. I cut the flower out and snipped in between the petals before bending each petal up a little. I stamped the center of the flower again on a scrap of my background card, embossed with Gold Embossing Powder and then cut otu the centre and layered it up over the acetate flower. This enables you to glue the flower onto your projects without seeing the glue.

It was at this point that I decided to make a post it holder as popped the flower to dry on top of some post it notes and realised it was a perfect size. I didn't bother to measure anything, just used the pad of post-its to score a strip of white linen card to fit.



I cut some scraps from my stash of inky backgrounds to cover the white linen card, edging each piece with a gold Krylon pen. I attached the pieces of background to the linen card, trapping a scrap of ribbon at each end of the inside to create a fastener.

I stuck the flower to the top of my little project and to finish off I added some dots of faux pearls to the flower.

Thanks so much for visiting, hope you're enjoying these gorgeous new stamps
Claire xx

7 comments:

  1. This is a great idea Claire and I love the gold embossed acetate flower which looks really pretty on top. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wonderful, love how you made it. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow wonderful, love how you made it. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an elegant notepad! The acetate gives a so special effect; beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I do the same thing and it drives my stamp owner mad. I get mixed up because I was following the way we used to do our posts with our old design teams, but now I've gotten myself straightened out.

    Love your project. How clever to make it into a Post It Note holder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and very useful design Claire. The flower looks gorgeous on the acetate.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!