Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Guest Post - Spring in November by Shilpa Nagaonkar

On a cold and very dark November day it gives me such please to welcome our Guest designer Shilpa, back again this week with a beautiful canvas that is a real ray of sunshine and guaranteed to blow away the wintery looking skies. Over to you Shilpa.




Hello everyone, I am back with my second GD post. Thank you so much for the lovely comments for my previous project Altered Oval Plaque.

Today, I would like to share with you a canvas, for which I've used Chocolate Baroque Spring Bird Tulip stamp set.

Here is how I made it:

  • On the canvas I adhered Tim Holtz tissue paper and applied Mustard Seed and Mermaid Lagoon Distress Paints and then heat set it
  • Through a net stencil I spritzed Abandoned Coral Distress Stain randomly on the surface.
  • I stamped texture using one of the images from the Chocolate Baroque Abstract Fragments stamp set and archival inks.
  • On another watercolour paper I stamped the Spring Bird and Tulips with Jet black Archival ink and coloured them with Sakura watercolour markers. Cut them in circles and adhered on canvas.





And my canvas was ready.

Hope you liked my project today with the lovely Spring Bird stamp set.

Thanks so much for your visit, I'll be here next Wednesday with another mixed media project.

Shilpa

I hope you all agree this is a terrific way of interpretting the Spring Bird Tulip set and thank you for bringng us something to smile about Shilpa. Look forward to seeing what she has in store for us next week and keep dropping by for more design from our wonderful team.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful cintrast! Both the background and the panals each are already so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful canvas, love the bright colours just brilliant for a dull day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's still a little while, spring. But it has become a beautiful card. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful project Shilpa, lovely colours, great texture on the background, and such a cheery creation to brighten our day. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning canvas Shilpa, it certainly brightens a dull November day here in the UK.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so pretty. Makes me wish we could skip winter and go right into spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card , great colours , great use of stamps!! Amazing!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, beautiful card and your colour choice is brilliant
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Shilpa, like the lay-out of the card! xxMiranda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so bright and pretty Shilpa and I love the background which is perfect with the three circular toppers so beautifully coloured. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning work Shilpa, the choice of stamps and your colours are gorgeous, the background is brilliant too, just love it, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So lovely, I've 'Pinned' it so I can find it again when I need inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your color palette is a surprising one, Shilpa, but the contrast is dramatic! Gorgeous stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous work Shilpa - beautiful use of the stamps! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Shilpa! Gorgeous colours and love your colouring of the main images. Lots of fabulous layering too.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A wonderful project Shilpa, I love how these images so beautiful you chose really pop out!!! Beautiful coloring and background too. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!