Pin It button on image hover

Friday 6 November 2015

A fond farewell and a welcome (by Lesley)

I am so lucky with the Chocolate Baroque Design Team, they are a talented bunch of ladies who do stunning things with our stamps and are so supportive of me and each other.  So it is always sad when we have to say goodbye to one of the creative family and today is no exception.

Florence has been a wonderful crusader and flag waver for Chocolate Baroque stamps for many years and on this team for over eighteen months. During that time she has continually delighted us all with her interesting, colourful and imaginative artwork.  Now she has decided it is time for her to move on and although we are all sorry to see her go, we know she will still be sharing her artwork with the great big wide world and generating a lot of inspiration for her followers.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Flo for all her hard work and the contributions she made to this team. On behalf of us all,  'Good Luck' and keep on stamping.  Oh and by the way, Flo has kindly agreed to complete the Year of Stamping with us so there are still two of her projects to come in the November and December online magazines.

Florence's departure has meant that today I am introducing you to the latest member of the Team, Veronica Pell. Followers of this blog will know that Veronica was part of the Guest Design Team, however promotion has meant that she has hit the dizzy heights of becoming a regular part of the DT. So, by way of a little introduction here are her answers to our usual probing questions!



The first stamp set by Chocolate Baroque I bought was:

No idea, to be honest - could tell you which were the first ones from Graphicus though! They were Oriental Butterflies and Celtic Cross mandala stamps, the first time I had ever bought unmounted stamps. Have lost one of the butterflies, but still have the others.

My favourite style of stamp:

I would have to say nature stamps, just love them, so versatile, happy to spend ages colouring in




 
My wish list:

Is quite a long one, but if I had to cut it down then it would be Macintosh Sentiments, Eastern Landscapes, Mellow fruitfulness and Rustic Fragments.

Describing myself in a sentence: 

I would rather craft than do housework (as the family would agree, but they are all still alive!), and I have always been addicted to paper and pencils and I guess I’ve have reconciled to multi-coloured hands now.


I think we all suffer from the multi-coloured hand syndrome Veronica!  Thank you so much for giving us this little insight, welcome to the team and we look forward to seeing your first 'official' post very soon.





23 comments:

  1. As Lesley has said, it is a very fond farewell to Florence as she was a fantastic team member. So helpful and often went above and beyond what was expected. But I am also excited to see what Veronica is going to create with the wonderful Chocolate Baroque designs so I am very pleased to have her on the team. Good luck Veronica xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Wishes to Florence, your designs are always beautiful and will be missed. Congratulations Veronica, I'll look forward to seeing your designs here, Have fun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news! Congratulations Vronnie and to Chocolate Baroque. Looking forward to following your new adventure and seeing more of your wonderful makes with the CB stamps.
    Big Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take care Flo! I hope we'll still be seeing plenty of your fab work around blog land & FB but good luck with whatever you choose to do.

      Hugs
      Lesley Xx

      Delete
  4. We will all miss Florence's gorgeous cards on here and wish her well, but congratulations to Veronica for becoming a full time member of the team. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed seeing all the wonderful inspiration from Flo and will miss seeing her gorgeous makes on the blog but wish her all the best for wherever her new road takes her.

    Congratulations Vronnie! How lovely you will be on the DT as we both found these wonderful stamps waaaaay back about the same time I think and have followed each others blogs for about the same too. I know you are going to have some fab makes for us. BTW speaking of inky hands do you remember the workshop you went to (it might have been Lesley's braying)? I couldn't go but I remember a photo taken of you with blue ink up to your elbows, lol! Sorry to blab ;-)

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was Lesley 's brayer class, haven't got quite as inky since!

      Delete
  6. Best wishes to Florence and congratulations to Vronnie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Veronica, and welcome, and it must feel sooo good to be part of this fabulous DT, but sorry to see you go Florence, I just love your makes, but I know we will see you around blogland still, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes Florence and welcome Veronica, looking forward to seeing your art :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big huge thanks from me too Flo for all your delicious artwork, you've inspired many people and I know you will continue to do so.

    Congrats to Vronnie - you've been a huge supporter for many years and I know you'll be a fantastic asset to the team.

    Glenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good-bye and welcome are next to each other......I have already said it in a personal message .... I will miss you Flo but I am sure we will be seeing more of your lovely artwork on the internet and Veronica it's wonderful to have you on board of this great team! xx Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad to see you leave the team, Flo. You will be greatly missed. A HUGE warm hello to Veronica. Welcome onboard the good ship CB. Looking forward to seeing your lovely projects. xxxAsha

    ReplyDelete
  12. A sad farewell to Flo, you will be missed, you have been a big part of the team, your colourful flair and sense of humour have put a smile on our faces on many occasions! Keep sharing your fabulous artwork xx

    Welcome Vronnie, we are so happy to have you on the team and hope that you will be enjoy yourself enormously. Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sure everyone will miss Florance! She is very inspiring lady.
    Congratulations Vronnie for your promotion :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very sad farewell Florence I will miss your artwork xxx but look forward to following your next adventure with great interest.
    Welcome Veronica I have liked your style for many years looking forward to seeing what you get up to as part of the CB Team x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for your inspiration on this blog Florence! Ofcourse I'm following you so I still get to enjoy the things you make on your journey. Nice to see you evolving and trying different things. Love to read your blogsposts, and thanks for all the comments you've left.

    Congratulations Veronica on your promotion! It's great that we can now see more of your projects.

    greetings,

    Debbie / Daqa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have loved seeing all your lovely creations Florence, all the best or the future.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sad to see Florence leave the DT! Will miss her great ways to let the CB-stamps shine and the new inspiration she gives everytime!
    Good luck and looking forward to your creations Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you everyone for all of your lovely comments. They are very much appreciated. It has been wonderful getting to know you all. Your encouragement and support has been amazing. I look forward to keeping in touch with you in blog land and on the CB Face Book page.
    Happy Stamping, Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh, reading this with a bit of surprise, but of course Flo will continue to love and feature wonderfully her CB stamps like she always did... Knowing her a bit, I'm sure of that!!
    And welcome to you in the team Veronica! :)
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you everyone, only snag is that I have to be more organised now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you everyone, only snag is that I have to be more organised now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!