Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Steampunk swirl flower (posted by Claire)

Good morning, I hope you're having a good crafty week. Its been very wet and blowing a gale in my little corner of the UK so its been perfect weather to stay home and craft. I've used the lovely 'Swirl Centre Flowerhead' to make this steampunk themed card. 


It was a very quick card, I embossed some black cardstock with a steampunk embossing folder and coloured with PanPastels. I began with shades of green and turquoise and then applied versamark before liberally applying copper, bronze and rich gold.

I stamped the flower head onto black card with versamark ink and embossed with WOW Copper embossing powder. I cut the flower out, curled the petals and layered it up over a scrap of copper coloured ribbon.

Thanks for visiting today
Claire xx


7 comments:

  1. Of all the makes with the new stamps is this the most beautifulo one! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, it looks like metal, I love it, brilliant make Claire, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bronze metallic look to this card Claire and the swirl centre flower and ribbon also with their bronze colours complement the background so prettily. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love this! Bronze embossing always makes a luxurious looking card.
    Love your lovely background too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It may be quick but is a stunner Claire - lovely work xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I *knew* these stamps were going to prove versatile - a wonderful card suitable for a guy even!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent antiqued metal effect Claire and an unusual but very effective backdrop for the flower. Great idea!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!