Pin It button on image hover

Monday 2 November 2015

Smiling Flower (posted by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a project to share using one of the new individual cling mounted flowers currently on offer on the website. These beautiful large flowers are perfect as centrepieces for your cards, and are sure to brighten anyone's day. I have chosen to use the Swirl Centre Flowerhead to create my card, as I love the overall design of this particular flower.

I created a wrinkle free distress background on a piece of watercolour card, and stamped the flowerhead twice onto a spare piece of watercolour card. I also stamped a large leaf from the Tangled Garden stamp set twice onto the watercolour card. I coloured the images with alcohol pens and added shading with pencils.

I cut the images out, and stuck them to the card, creating two layers on the flower. I then added some zentangle details using a fine permanent pen. I added a sentiment from the Amazing Birthday clear stamp set, and matted the background onto some black card to finish.



If you would like to know more details about this card, you can stop by my blog. Be sure to keep checking the Design Team blog every day this month for lots of inspiration from my Team mates using these beautiful stamps, Judith xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours and stamp. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Judith, beautiful card, the flower stamps are amazing, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty Judith and I love the way the pink beautifully coloured flower is complemented perfectly by that tinge of pink in the background, also the leaves and the zentangled swirls and sentiment are lovely finishing touches. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bold flower on that light background! It pops almost of my screen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous flower and gorgeous background! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. I think the swirls make it look like a smile! (Or is it just me?)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!