Pin It button on image hover

Friday 20 November 2015

One Stamp Dotty Flowerhead Card (by Debbie)

 
Good morning,
 
I decided to make a card with lots of colour.
I used the Dotty Centre Flowerhead as a one stamp card.
 
 
After several attempts with small inkpads and brush marker pens with not a lot of success. They either dried to quickly not laying down much colour or the ink mixed more than I wanted. These stamps are large and I wanted multiple colours on each flower. I turned to my water soluble oil pastels and am delighted with the results. There are many brands of water soluble crayons.
 
 

 
 
For the background I  coloured the Flowerhead stamp with the purple pastel, next the pink then the orange. Because the flower is large you can colour it easily. When finished colouring spritz with water and stamp onto the card. I repeated stamping the flower, spritzing with the water each time. When the flowers had been stamped all over the card I used Picked Raspberry on the edges.
I used Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade and Rusty Hinge Distress inks for the tag and stamped with a Black Versafine inkpad. The sentiment is from Positive Beauty clear stamps.
I'm keeping this card on my desk for a while so I see it  before looking through the window at the dull skies.
 
Have a great day
Debbie

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Debbie, the colours are gorgeous, thanks for the inspiration, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely Debbie! Really pretty colours which would brighten any dull day and hopefully make you feel a tad warmer ;-)

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great effect to use one stamp in the BG and in front; looks so elegant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!