Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 25 November 2015

Guest Post - Vintage style by Shilpa Nagaonkar

It seems all too quick that we have come to the last of our Guest posts from Shilpa and this week she is delighting us with a gorgeous mixed media project.

Hello everyone, hope you are having great week!

I've my third GD post today to share with you. It is a grungy vintage style mixed media piece which I've created with Chocolate Baroque Key to My Dreams stamp set and Deco Art Media Products.



Here is the procedure I followed:

I started with stamping the Keyhole stamp with Mermaid Lagoon distress ink, sprinkled clear embossing powder on it and heat set it with heat tool, it is a beautiful stamp.

For the brown background I applied Deco Art Quinacridone Gold on chipboard, dried it completely and stamped texture on it with one of the texture stamps from the Abstract Fragments stamp set. For the crackle effect at the edges I applied Decoart clear glaze.

To make the patina background, I adhered cogs die cuts to the surface and applied gesso on it. Next several layers were with Decoart Cobalt Teal Hue, Titan Buff and Quinacridone Gold fluid acrylics. I let it dry completely and stamped on it with another texture stamp from Abstract Fragments using Jet Black Archival ink.

I layered all pieces with foam adhesive and my project was ready.




Thanks so much for stopping by today, I have enjoyed showing my designs and look forward to seeing you again soon.

We would like to extend a huge thank you to Shilpa for her beautiful and creative work during the last three weeks, her interpretation of some of the older Chocolate Baroque stamps has been inspirational. We will be seeing more of her stunning creations again next year and hope that you have enjoyed seeing her designs as much as we have.

And remember there are more great ideas to come from our Design Team, so please join us again soon. 


 

7 comments:

  1. This is a lovely project, especially like how you have done the brown background, it looks very rusty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful make Shilpa, love your colours and the stamps you've used. Hope we see you again, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully creative Shilpa and a really individual take on the stamps. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work shilpa. really great texturw. love it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice, love the colours you've used too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful warm vintage colours and beautiful texture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely grungy make Shilpa! Love all the texture and the colours are fabulous. Hope you've enjoyed you GO month and I look forward to seeing your designs again next time.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!