Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 12 November 2015

It takes two (by Veronica)



I was delighted to be asked to join the team by Lesley, to put it mildly!  I have loved the stamps for many years from back in the olden days of wood mounts – and yes, I am that ancient (though I prefer the recycled teenager label!).

My first set of stamps are the flowerheads, BIG stamps already cling mounted and ready to use, they make very quick cards on their own.



I decided to use my Brusho powders for the background, and my first card uses the Swirl Centre Flowerhead, stamped with Versamark and clear embossed onto watercolour card.  After spraying with water Brusho powders in lemon and orange were sprinkled round the flower, sprayed again with water and then brushed out with a paintbrush to fill the flowerhead. Cut down to fit a 6” square black card blank, the sentiment from LovingSentiments was stamped in black Memento, mat layers are black and dull gold.


For the second card I used the same Brusho colours, but this time the Circle Centre Flowerhead, embossed with white EP this time, to make the flower stand out a little more from the background. I also added some brown powder to the flower centre this time, which made for a more vibrant colour as it spread out onto the petals. I used a cream 7” square card blank, with an orange mat layer. The sentiment from Words of Comfort and Cheer was again stamped in black Memento.

I am really enjoying playing with these stamps and the Brusho powders. Thanks for dropping in and please pop in again to see some more great designs from my fellow team members.


Veronica


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, especially love the vibrancy of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love playing with Brushos; the results are often so stunning...just as on these cards! Enjoy the DT-spot and looking forward to more inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours and the beautiful Brushos which give a fantastic sense of movement with the colours and the pretty flower heads stand out magnificently. Congratulations on joining the team Veronica. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Veronica, two very beautiful cards, these large flowerhead stamps are so versatile and your colourful background are super, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant first post Veronica, the white resist is really effective with the brushos
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful work Veronica - love your use of the brushos - fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the use of Brushos with these stamps Vronnie! Flamboyant colours for flamboyant flowers!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!