Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 28 November 2015

Christmas Flower (posted by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have another project using one of the large Flowerhead collection stamps to show you today. I have really enjoyed creating projects with these lovely large stamps, great for that focal point on a card. I have chosen to use the Circle Centre Flowerhead for this project.

I created my background by covering a gelli plate with turquoise ink, using a brayer. I used a piece of white card to take a print from the gelli plate. This is a really quick way of colouring a piece of card if you want a single colour. Once the card was dry, I stamped and embossed a harlequin design from the Harlequin Fragments stamp set onto the background, using gold embossing powder. I added some droplets of red ink over the rest of the background, and a little bit of gold shimmer, using a gold pen.

I stamped and embossed the flower onto red vellum twice, using gold embossing powder, and cut it out. I added a leafy die cut, and dark green matting to complete my card.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

8 comments:

  1. Eine wunderschöne Weihnachtskarte.

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Judith and looks really rich and lavish with these colours and the gold embossing, and I love the use of vellum for the flower too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful Judith, and the gold embossing is so luxurious, love it, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a clever use of the stamp judith - beautiful work! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flower looks totally different again with the gold! You made a beautiful warm card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Judith, love the rich gold embossing! Very classy, xxMiranda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!