Pin It button on image hover

Friday 13 November 2015

Swaying Flower Heads (by Julie)


Hello and welcome. Today I have a cute shrink plastic card that I have made with the brand new Dotty Centre Flower Head stamp.



I started by flicking purple and green acrylic paint onto the base card and edged it with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink. I found that by dipping  a small bottle cleaner type brush into acrylic paint and then stroking it with a kebab stick was the best way to apply the paint and not make too much mess.
The main flower was stamped with Onyx Black Versafine and coloured with Pan Pastels and Crystal Stickles and the shrink plastic flowers were stamped with black Staz-On and coloured with pencils. Before I shrank the flowers with a heat tool, I punched a hole so that I could attach a jump ring and chain as it is too difficult to make a hole once they are shrunk. The other end of the chains were threaded onto a head pin and then each end of the head pin was secured onto the card with a  foam pad so the chains can not fall off. I then glued the flower over the top using 3d glue gel.

Many thanks for stopping by.

Julie x

11 comments:

  1. So beautiful ! Elegant and bright. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! Love how the stickles work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A flower clock, so beautiful. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mix of colours Julue and the shrink plastic flowers make the perfect sized embellishments. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just so beautiful Julie, must get these stamps, you can do so much with them here as you've demonstrated, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fabulous! I always forget about shrink plastic but your wonderful sample is a good reminder to get it out and play. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. First chance I've had to comment on the blog for over a week so I'm working backwards, lol! I remember seeing this on FB and thinking how lovely! Fabulous background and love the swinging flowers.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!