Pin It button on image hover

Monday 9 August 2021

Introducing Our New Guest Design Team Member Caroline Whatling

Hello everyone, today sees the first of three posts this month from another new Guest Design Team member, Caroline. We are sure that you will join us in welcoming her to the Team. We asked her to tell us a little bit about herself before she launched into her project, as this is what she had to say: 

Hello.

My name is Caroline and I would guesss I have been crafting now for nearly 15 years. I love papercraft, stamping, mixed media, colouring and basically getting in a right inky mess. I am at my happiest busy crafting away in my fab craft cabin that my lovely husband built for me.

When I'm not there I am busy at work as a Veterinary Nurse, which I have been doing for nearly 30 years! As you can guess I am animal mad, especially love dogs, which 2 gorgeous ones live with us. Mabel, a Jack Russell terrier and Doris, a Standard Wire- haired Dachshund.

This is my first blog post since I was lucky enough to become a guest DT member for Chocolate Baroque. I was over the moon as you might have guessed.

This card began with mopping up some excess Distress Oxide ink (Kitsch Flamingo and Evergreen Bough) from my craft mat, which obviously as crafters we don't waste it.

I then decided to use stamps from the Polygon Poppies set, which is honestly one of my favourites from CB. I stamped the main poppy image with black Versafine Clair, and then inked the top of the stamp and placed it in the bottom corners.

Then using the same Distress Oxide colours as earlier I randomly stamped the various plain hexagons from the stamp set. I inked around the edges with Black Soot Distress Oxide and then stamped the words. I then used black gesso to colour in the poppies and once fully dried, using a white pen, I added some highlights. Finally, using Black Soot Distress Oxide, I added a shadow around part of the image.

Then just mat and layered onto a card blank.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a lovely week.

Caroline xxx


6 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and welcome to the team x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Love the way you've used the worker stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation, black and pale pink work so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning background and I love how you have added depth and dimension by using black gesso and outlining the flowers. A stunning card xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!