Pin It button on image hover

Friday 20 August 2021

Walk Tall (by Lorraine)

Walk Tall

This is another stamp set that Lesley included in her July Craft Store show. It's a really versatile set, both in its own right and as a companion. 

It's funny how an image quite often suggests something - this large grass immediately made me think of feathers. I suppose they have similar properties. I decided to incorporate one of my favourite stamps into the design, the Just Useful Stripe. I started by stamping the stripe in three different blues from the Versafine Clair range. On reflection, I should have used a lighter blue for the first one, to show off more of the detail from the grasses stamp. When the stripes were dry, I stamped the grass over the top, using Versafine Clair Nocturne, no embossing powder this time! I had already notched the dark blue base mat, but felt that the main image needed something more. I opted to use just the tip of the smaller grass in the corners, in Morning Mist so as to avoid over powering the design. I had cut this mat using a die, so the dashes around the edge, which are just visible, framed the image.


2 comments:

  1. The beautiful feathery foliage has a very modern feel with the stripes of different colour blues Lorraine, and framed with the little bits of foliage in each of the corners and backed in that pretty coordinating blue too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card, love the idea and the colours choice

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!