Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 3 August 2021

On the Edge (by Sandra)



Hello, I am sharing some cards I made for the July show on The Craft Store.

My first card uses stamps from Owl Edges and Flora and Fauna. I brayered dye inks in shades of green, blue and purple onto some silk coated cardstock. I then stamped the Bulrushes from Owl Edges onto the bottom edge in black archival ink. Using VersaMark, I stamped the dragonflies from Flora and Fauna and embossed with holographic powder. I then mixed some mica powder with water to make a “paint” to colour them with.

 

 

For my second card I made a double gatefold base and stamped the floral edge stamp from Owl Edges on the fold so that they met in the middle when the card was closed. I coloured the image with watercolour pencils. Inside the card I made a little scene using the branch and single owl, which I masked and stamped twice. The sentiment is from Steampunk Birds


  

Next I have a lovely geranium in the terracotta pot from Flora and Fauna. A beautiful image for colouring with watercolours. I added the butterfly from the same set and the sentiment is from Floral Clock.  



My last card today is the poppy seed heads, again from Flora and Fauna, which I coloured with watercolour pens. I added some dragonflies and gave them some sparkle with Stickles. The text is from Polygon Poppies.


Thanks for looking
Sandra x

4 comments:

  1. All absolutely beautiful Sandra, especially that fabulous double gatefold, and the simpler look of the more CAS cards are very stylish. I love the bright blue and violet background on the first with the silhouette rushes and the sparkly dragonflies too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Four fabulous cards, love so much all them and especially the double gatefold, such great idea having the two half parts that form the front of the card!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!