Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 19 August 2021

Floral Delights

Floral Delights

Today I have two samples from the last months shows, both are from the beautiful
The first of the images used is the stunning Morning Glory, such a beautiful yet delicate flower. This set has so many fabulous images (16 in total) six of the images are large and make a real statement, but the others on this stamp sheet are equally as beautiful and detailed in their own right and very useful too.
The second is an easily recognisable Cala Lily and although I would love some in the garden my hubby dislikes them with a passion, so I content myself looking at the wonderful display in my neighbours garden.


The Morning Glory was made first by using a Gelli Plate with dye inkpads and a sheet of kitchen roll applied whilst the ink was still wet, taken off fairly quickly and then using a sheet of card larger than the size needed for the finished card and take a print then set to one side to dry.
Stamp the main image onto another piece of card, then using your dye inkpads as paints colour your image.
I then tore the edges of the card and with a soft brush applied ink to the edges of the torn piece to add definition.




With the Cala Lily I stamped the image then coloured it using Inktense Pencils and a Clear Sparkle Brush Pen to blend. I stamped and coloured the dragonflies in the same way. The clear gems were added once the image was dry,


Thank you for looking in today

Love Doreen xx




 

1 comment:

  1. Two gorgeous florals Doreen and love the blue and green for the Morning Glory, and the pretty yellow and green with the purple dragonflies and butterfly on the second. I think they look great with fairly simple designs to let the flowers do the talking. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!