Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 24 August 2021

Bee Friendly

 Hello

I am sharing some more of my cards from the recent shows on The Craft Store. These are made using the lovely Honey Bee stamp set.

For my first card, using archival ink, I stamped one of the Foxgloves, masked it with masking tissue and then stamped the second one. I then stamped the Bees and the sentiment also in archival ink, I then used watercolour pencils to colour in and some Stickles to finish the Bees wings.

 


My next card uses the Beehive from the set. I stamped in Archival ink and coloured with watercolour markers.  The sentiment is from Summer Poppies.

My last card from this set uses the single flower and the honeycomb which I have coloured with Distress Inks. I've also used a honeycomb stencil in the background using Distress Ink (Wild Honey of course!).

My last piece from the show is a board using the Polygon Poppies. I used Distress Oxide spray for the background and used a flourish stencil with Oxide ink pad. I then stamped the grass heads from Walk Tall in archival. I stamped the main poppy image to one side and coloured with watercolour pencils. I used the numeric stamp to create a grungy edge and the polygons, words and numbers to give some interest to the other spaces.

Thanks for looking

Sandra xx

http://isthatthetime.blogspot.com/


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely compilation! The last two are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have mainly kept it simple Sandra to let these fabulous stamps and your brilliant colouring shine through. I love the honeycomb stencilling on the third and lots more soft embellishment to the background of the last too, but I do adore the really elegant CAS look of the first two. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!