Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 27 March 2022

Butterflies And A Bird Of Joy (By Tracy Thompson)


This is my final post for this month sharing some of my makes for February's TV shows.  The above creation is using the Butterfly Mind's set,  so I started with the base card/background, I used stamps from the set and a Versafine Clair Morning Mist ink pad so it was subtle.  I randomly stamped with a butterfly and the splodges.  For the main image I stamped it then masked it, I used Brusho's to colour the background sprayed with water.  For the Butterflies I stamped some separate and coloured and fussy cut them to decoupage onto the main image.



My next creation is using the Bird Of Joy stamp, which I coloured with pencils, and inked around the edges.  For the base I took the sentiment stamps Words Of Comfort And cheer, and stamped some of the words and a bird from the set, in morning mist ink, then edge the card in ink.  A simple card but I wanted to really show the bird off.

Thank you for looking
Happy crafting
Tracy x



 

4 comments:

  1. Two terrific cards Tracy, and I love the butterfly film strip, and the splatter and butterfly stamping in the background frames it perfectly. The pretty bird treated in a similar way with the added background stamping looks great too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are just so pretty. Since it is snowing here, I love the spring looks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards, love the background on your first and the pretty bird on the second.
    Faiht x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!